I don’t know if you’ve ever tried Fiber One cereal, but it’s actually very good.What I really love about this cereal is it’s versatility. Yup, I’m calling a cereal versatile! But that’s because I use it not only as a breakfast option but also to bake with! I found this recipe when I was looking for a healthy way to make pie crust. Pie crust tends to be crazy high in fat- probably due to the shortening. Compared to a standard pie crust, this one rocks! Not to mention it has 7 grams of fiber in each serving!!! Thank you Fiber One.
- 2 cups Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place cereal in a large zip lock bag and seal tightly. Smash, roll, hit! Do whatever you need to do to make the cereal crumbs.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, including the newly crushed cereal.
- Spray a pie plate with olive oil spray and then press ingredients into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Fill with whatever deliciousness you want!